Sunday, January 27, 2008

AN AMERICAN PRESIDENT REVISITED


I said this once before and after the South Carolina primary, I'm inspired to say it again.

I want an American president. I don’t care about his race or his religion and I sure don’t give a flying fig about his sexual predilections as long what he does is done in the privacy of his bedroom with a consenting partner. But I do care that he cares about America and Americans.

I want an American president who is concerned about American children and childcare and working parents. Who spends American money on America.

I want an American president who will fight for my rights and your rights and not just the rights of corporate business and international entities. A president who will treat the poor as well as he will treat the wealthy.

I want an American president whose presidential promises will be about feeding our hungry, helping our homeless, and protecting our elderly.

I want an America president whose campaign promises will actually be kept.

I want an American president who believes in telling the truth, an individual with integrity and character. A person who will stand tall and admit if he, or she, is wrong.

I want an American president who has actually read the American Constitution. Someone who remembers what the doctrines of free speech and the right to privacy were made for.

I want an American president who will fight a good and fair fight for Americans. An individual who will speak from his heart and not spout mindless rhetoric written to incite fear and loathing of people and things that have nothing to do with America.

I want an American president who puts Americans first. Someone who values its citizens and puts their needs before all else. And, I’m ready and willing to stand up for any candidate who’s up for the challenge.

At the moment, my ideal dream team would be an Obama-Edwards ticket. The more Hillary campaigns the less I'm feeling her sincerity. I understands she wants this badly but my gut tells me it's more about the power and the prestige than about anything else. She may well change my mind but I'm beginning to seriously doubt it. I do however feel a genuine commitment and passion from Barack and John. Passion and commitment will go a long way with me.

No comments: