Thursday, August 14, 2008

I GOT IT BAD!


I haven’t seen my very special friend in five days. I didn’t think it was possible to miss one man as much as I find myself missing that man. Last week we spent every day together except one. It was great quality time. This week I feel like I’ve been banished to purgatory, solitude my extreme punishment.

I’ve got a severe case of something I’m not ready to name yet and they tell me there isn’t anything I can take to make it go away. But I've got it bad! Sometimes I can deal with it just fine, actually enjoying the ride it takes me on. Other times, like now, I wish there was pill that I could take that would end it once and for all and return me to a state of single, female normalcy.

I was bemoaning my state of mind to a good friend who advised me to keep busy. I keep wondering just how much busier can I be? My day planner is so full there isn’t any white space left for me to write on. I get the stay busy rule. But it doesn’t stop me from longing for the companionship I’ve come to enjoy. It doesn’t make me forget the joy and laughter I’ve been privileged to share. I doesn’t keep me from missing those moments when I feel like all is well in my small world and for me, right now, all is well when my guy and I are together.

Thankfully, tomorrow may be a whole other story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there; spring will soon be here and all will be well.