Saturday, November 14, 2009

PRAY IT AWAY


She told him she wished she didn’t love him so much. She really believes that if she didn’t love him as much as she does then when things aren’t well between them and it hurts as much as it sometimes does, that she wouldn’t care. He told her to pray to God to take that love out of her heart and God would. As she told me I had to think about that for a moment.

Will God take love out of your heart? Would you want him to?

I can’t imagine that my God, who has blessed me with the ability to open my heart to another individual, would willfully wipe that from my spirit. I can’t begin to fathom myself or anyone else thinking they should or could ask God to do such a thing.

Falling in love is such a monumental feat. Opening up one’s self to that kind of vulnerability is not an easy thing to do. I also think that when one person truly captures your heart, then you’ve been given an amazing gift.

Making a commitment to another person is not only about them but also about yourself. Love is seeing someone for who they are, the good and the bad. It’s about looking that person in the eye and seeing the best of yourself looking back at you. Love is acceptance, understanding, patience, friendship, endurance, and all that is right in us as individuals and right in this world. And even in those moments when it hurts and we might wish it way, is that truly what we want?

Would we really pray love away?

No comments: