Wednesday, January 13, 2010

WEARING OUT MY WELCOME


I have been spending the last week or so with my very special friend but I think I have finally reached the point of wearing out my welcome. He hasn’t yet told me that I need to go home but I can’t help but think that he’s past the point of ready.

My guy and his bachelor lifestyle have been on some serious estrogen overload. Between me and his sister, we have taken over his kitchen, his bathroom, his bedroom and his favorite chair. We’ve been manipulating his leisure time, his laundry and even ate the last brownie he’d thought he’d hidden away from us. Adding insult to injury we kicked his butt playing spades. Twice.

Earlier today he and I maneuvered our way through our favorite store stocking up on supplies. As I dropped twelve rolls of bathroom tissue into the shopping cart, the man shook his head. “Didn’t we just buy that?” he asked, remembering our last shopping spree.

I nodded my head yes. “It’s almost gone.”

“You women need to stock up on some tree leaves,” he chimed, his eyes rolling skyward.

As I cut my eyes in his direction, his serious expression was priceless. “I’m not kidding,” he said. “I’ll give you a rake when we get to the house.”

I can only shake my head and laugh but it might be time to give my guy some quality time with himself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You ate the last "hidden" brownie? Now that is what ticked him off because nothing is better than enjoying a "hidden" brownie...okay, I might be guilty of doing something like that (lol)
Bridget