Saturday, July 31, 2010

PROMISES TO A STALLION


Tomorrow is the official release date for PROMISES TO A STALLION. Thanks to early shipping, many have already gotten their hands on a copy and the feedback has been wonderful. Everyone’s kind words have warmed my spirit and motivated me to keep the stories coming.

PROMISES TO A STALLION is the story of Stallion cousin Travis Stallion. Staff sergeant Travis is home on leave for thirty days. An unwitting pawn, Travis delivers a Dear John letter from her overseas fiancĂ© to the beautiful Tierra Braddy, breaking the woman’s heart. Hoping to take the sting out of her heartbreak, the rugged, caring soldier goes out of his way to comfort the incredible woman. When he finds himself falling for the love-wary beauty Travis maps out a campaign of seduction to persuade Tierra to take that fateful walk down the aisle…with him.

PROMISES TO A STALLION was a fun story to write. Motivated by a real life love story I was challenged to write a believable story of a couple meeting, falling in love, and marrying in thirty days. Until I’d encountered such a couple I didn’t believe such a thing was possible. I know firsthand that relationships are tough. I couldn’t imagine making such a definitive connection in such a short period of time. What I was reminded of as I laid out the details of this book was to never say never. Once I could imagine the possibility, Travis Stallion took shape and came to life. The possibility of what could happen in thirty days suddenly took on a whole new meaning.

This book is one of my favorites. It’s laugh out loud funny, sexy and sensuous, heart-warming and engaging. I hope you’ll enjoy it.

No comments: